Friendship, regular activities and ongoing support are among the many things we have on offer at Kettering Sight Centre for anyone experiencing sight loss.
Sight Centre Manager Isobel Lambley organises a busy monthly schedule along with special games and quiz afternoons plus popular outings for our VIP’s.
We also stock a range of specialist aids and equipment to “try and buy”. Our most popular items on display include talking watches and clocks, big button telephones and low vision aids.
Why not drop in… for information and advice to help you overcome the challenges you may face?
Our computer suite, where we host regular groups to introduce you to the computer & extend your skills, has a number of computers with speech & magnification programmes installed. We also encourage participants to bring along their laptops or tablets to learn new skills in group.
Kettering Sight Centre is open 10am until 1pm on every Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
Visit our Facebook page for all the latest news and photos.
We hold the following groups regularly, open to anyone with a visual impairment and their family members or carers. All classes and events have limited places so book early to avoid disappointment, call 01536 522773.
- Weekly Technology Support Group: meets every Tuesday, 10:30am – 12:30pm. Help with using computers, tablets, smartphones etc. Bring your own or try ours. No booking required. Cost £5
- Relaxation Group: Every Thursday 10:45am – 11:45am.Seated yoga and relaxation techniques followed by a coffee and chat. Costs £5 each. No booking required.
- Book Club (Talking Books): First Friday of every month, 11am-12 noon. A new book every month. Join our monthly discussion group. Costs £3 each.
- NAB Lunch Club: Once a month, 10:30am. Ring us to find out more on 01536 522773.
- Treatment Days: Call for dates30 minute massage sessions. Choose from head, neck and shoulder massage or Thai foot massage.
Pre book, treatments cost £15 per 30 minute session.
- Eye Condition Consultation: Last Friday of every month, appointment only.Friendly help and advice from an Eye Professional. 30 minute free confidential appointment. Call to book
Get in touch with Kettering Sight Centre:
- Call us direct: 01536 522773
- Email us: email@example.com
- Our Address: Kettering Sight Centre, 22b Wadcroft, Kettering, NN16 8TH. Use NN16 8DQ for Satellite Navigation.
- Our sight centre is ideally located just down from B&M and Greggs on the High Street,at the top of the Wadcroft car park, near to Shopmobility.